NHL 2K9 Developed by award-winning Visual Concepts studios, NHL 2K9 brings a totally rebuilt NHL experience to life with a brand-new in-game presentation system, as well as fresh player animations and controls that fans will enjoy from the moment they play their first game, until well after they become a seasoned veteran. Further adding to an unmatched level of fun and celebrating the NHL's uniqueness are an all-new Zamboni mini-game, playoff beards, a new fighting engine and more! Complete with new commentary, a user-friendly franchise mode and upgraded online features.
· Pick-Up-And-Play Controls – Fans asked and 2K Sports answered with easy-to-learn controls that still provide depth for the season veteran. With 2K Sports’ classic default controls, a player's first game will be as enjoyable as their one-thousandth, while the new and intuitive hybrid controls will provide the depth experienced vets are looking for.
· Enhanced Gameplay – An updated arsenal of highlight reel-worthy superstar moves, blocked shots, stick-handling moves, hit-by-puck collisions, and a greatly-enhanced skating engine make up for an exciting and all-new hockey experience complete with more than 1,400 new gameplay animations.
· All-New Presentation System – Pre-game intros, menus, new crowd animations, game summary replays, and brand new commentary featuring Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda of the San Jose Sharks bring a fresh new look and sound to NHL 2K9's visual and audio experience.
· True Hockey Fun! – Fans can indulge in what makes hockey such a unique and fun sport with the addictive Zamboni mini-game, user-controlled Stanley Cup celebrations, playoff beards, enhanced checking and a brand-new fighting engine.
· Reel Maker 2K9 – Included this year on both Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION3, fans will be able to save, edit, share and rate user-generated NHL 2K9 highlight reels online through Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.
· 2K Beats – Featuring Pennywise, Bad Religion, The Offspring, NOFX, The Ramones, Inner Circle, Mastodon, Operation Ivy, High on Fire and more.